Did you get a push present?

What did you get? (pics are a plus!)

What are some ideas for presents to hint for? lol. He said I can choose, but I'm not sure what I want!!

ohsmush

Asked by ohsmush at 3:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm 35 weeks pregnant with our second son. I've never heard the expression "push present," but I think it's fine. Why does it have to be something negative. Obviously, a baby is the ultimate gift from God, but being recognized by your husband in a thoughtful gesture of appreciation for the sacrifices you've been able to make the last 9 months.

I asked my husband what he thought of it, he told me to select anything I wanted (within reason) so I picked a spa day....which will also count as a Mother's Day gift since I'm due so close to that holiday.

Why do some people always think negative first? This site is for SUPPORT and SHARING NOT slamming and criticizing!
    So go on girls! Flash those jewels when showing off those new babies!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• ...I'm sorry, but this seems like something absolutely ridiculous. A present for popping out a baby? Seriously? Is the baby not enough of a gift for you? Is having your husband there with you not a gift enough? You really need some piece of junk material object to make your delivery day a happy one?
    Anonymous

• Isn't the child itself present enough?
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 3:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• yes, I got a son
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• From what I have heard, push presents are incredibly common; well, with mommy's who still have the baby's daddy in the picture!

My mum got a really pretty band for pushing me out & my cousin got a HUGE rock. But I'm not looking for something that big or flashy.

There's no need for anyone to get rude, because you don't know the circumstances of my pregnancy. A simple "no" would have done just fine. No need for hostility.
    ohsmush

Answer by ohsmush at 3:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I didn't. However, I think it's sweet that he wants to get you something. Pregnancy is a lot of joyous work but there are a lot of things that aren't so joyous about it. Of course the baby is a wonderful gift that gives the rest of your life, but there is nothing wrong with a piece of jewelry to mark the occasion. Women get gifts for anniversarries (isn't your marriage a good enough present) so no need to give grief for this. How about something significant to mark the occasion like a mother's ring or necklace. Or how about a gift you can get later, like an entire day to yourself (maybe even at a spa or something) after your home and have spent many nights sleepless. Those are two suggestions!
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 4:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Ohhhhhh! A spa day would probably be soooo nice! That's a great idea!!!!
    ohsmush

Answer by ohsmush at 4:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I sure did! Zachary, Jacob and Matthew.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Uh...someone brought me a few flowers in a basket and my mom brought me some coke and cheese crackers. Besides that, I got my son as my present I suppose.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My husband got me a bracelet that says mom. With our second and final i would love a mothers ring. A Push present isn't necessary but a sweet thought. Im glad he chooses to show me that he appreciates me. FlowerS a small token a mommy day.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 4:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2010