How long do you think my DD will be out of school if she gets her tonsils taken out?

This will be her 3rd time in a year that she has had tonsilitis and they said if she got it again she would have to get them taken out. Well certain enough she does! How many days do you think she'll need to recover?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• The doctor will be the one to answer that question properly and will give her a note for school as well. I think when I had mine out it was like a week out of school but I had it done on a friday and I was back to school that tuesday or wednesday (of course that was YEARS ago).
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 3:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• about a couple days to a week.
    Anonymous

• I had surgery on my throat on a Fri and was back in school on the following Tues. Mine was pretty invasive not just tonsils.
    Anonymous

• ask the doctor
    Anonymous

• Can't you wait til summer break so she doesn't have to miss school?
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on the child. Some people say it takes a week, but I don't think that is enough time. My 3 year old just had his tonsils/adenoids out a month and a half ago, it took him a good 2 weeks to recover. It seemed like a very long 2 weeks too.
    Best of luck to you both.
    Anonymous

• 7 days. They cannot run or jump or ride a bike for a week after the surgery. It took my son 3 weeks to recover from his surgery, I think most of it was because he didn't do good with the anestic.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• One week.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i had mine taken out when i was 16 i wasnt i did my school online and work during the day so i can take care of my god-son and like i said i had mine taken out when i was 16 and i had to be out of work for a week

i know its alittle differnet mine was with work and hers is with school
    Anonymous

• My daughter (actually i had 2 daughter that had this done),had hers taken out, it took 2 weeks. This was when she was 5. she is now 16. But when my 6 y/o had it done, she was 4, it took her 3 weeks to get better but that was because she had to have surgery again on her throat because her scabs came off.
    5-kids

Answer by 5-kids at 6:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2010