Rotisserie chicken

I bought a chicken on monday night and picked it and used half in a recipe. I put the other half in the fridge right away. Wondering if I need to pitch it or if i can freeze it today (friday) and use it next week in a recipe? If I ate it on the day I thawed it would it still be fine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I used to work with a dietitian, and this was her policy. After three days everything went. So I remember the rule, three days and it's out.

Answer by Bmat at 3:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I'd go ahead and freeze it. Then when you pull it out, IMO it'd be safe to eat that day and the next (if you have leftovers). A while back I roasted a huge turkey, forgot to put it in the freezer right away (the cooked shredded meat), so it was in the fridge for a week, then in the freezer, and each time I've used some for a meal we eat leftovers a couple days later and we've had no problems.
    Anonymous

• I'd freeze it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2010