ya mom and some things never change...

easter my parents came over..my mother and i never got along.she didnt like me that much she like my brother. she implied on easter i was a bully and a bitch..i dont think any more so than others.i knew she had been getting upset with me but she kept on giving me the run around.so finally last night we talked ..no yelled...we said things we hadnt said in yrs.she admitted i was not her favorite.my brother was...i said my brother and i always used to talk before he passed.i never degraded him.i said we reconciled before he passed.(heart attack)it was awful...i cant believe she is still lying. i do feel bad about the conversation..but she started it and it had been along time coming.i dont know what to do at this point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I am so sad about your story. I am sorry for the loss of your brother and for the estrangement from your mother. Try to get over your feelings of resentment toward her. Even if she did favor one over the other she should never have said it. Consider that part of her feelings now may be that he is gone and people do tend to brush people who have died with a lighter brush. This has to be hurtful to you. But try to be generous of spirit and forgive her. You'll be happier with yourself if you can.

Answer by Bmat at 4:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2010