how do YOU make egg salad??????

im cant remeber what i put in mine.. its been a while. so how do u make it? me and the kids dont care for onions, but other then that everything is fine..lol... im boiling eggs right now. ( about 13 of them ) so help me out ladies.. thanks in advance. xo

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I use about 6 hard boiled egs, and mash them up in a bowl. I add equal amounts of mayo and mustard, and mix it all together. I don't like a lot of stuff in it.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I like to put sweet relish in mine so it's the eggs all smooshed up with some sweet relish and just a little bit of mayo. My mum puts one little dab of mustard in hers. My grandmother uses cream cheese slightly melted in the microwave, a dab of mustard and maybe a table spoon of mayo and would use the blender to mix it really fine (the egg yolks that is) then chop up the whites and add sweet relish mooshing it with a fork for some texture (that was really good to).
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 4:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I just eyeball the mayo and mustard I put in it until I have a nice consistancy and then I add dill weed. That is my "secret ingredient" and it tastes great!! Those are the only 3 things I ever put in my egg salad!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 4:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I don't put a lot of stuff on mine either just the eggs, a little bit of mayo and very little black pepper. Very simple!!
    Anonymous

• Celery!
    Anonymous

• I just use eggs a dab of mustard some mayo and seasoning salt it's one of my daughters favorite meals
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 5:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• *I* cook 18 eggs. Peel. I then use my Pampered Chef hamburger smasher thingy (it looks like a star) to mash them up. I put in a big squirt of dijon (not honey) mustard, a good shake of black pepper, 8-10 stalks of celery sliced or chopped, and a couple spoonfuls of Miracle Whip. About 1 time out of 10 I put in a little minced onion, but rarely. Mix well, add more MW if needed. With 4 kids and a hubby who LOVES egg salad, this huge bowlful does not last long! *I* love to eat it on toast ;).
    Anonymous