Moving to Seattle and hubby commuting to Sea-Tac every day! What area should we live in that has great schools and affordable rent?

We have 3 kids and want to be in at least a 4 bedroom house. We have a dog but might have a place for him to stay while over there. Looking to rent, but only want to spend $1200 a month on rent! Any ideas for a great family area with good schools!

turbomamma

Asked by turbomamma at 4:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• Renton! Check the Highlands area. Its a nice and safe neighborhood, about 10 mins from SeaTac and 20 from Seattle. I lived there and LOVED it! Also, the busses are easy to navigate and the schools, Ive heard, are pretty good. Not to mention theres A TON of stuff to do!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Thank you very much! This was an unexpected move for us, but one that is so awesome!!! I am also a fitness instructor...are there lots of clubs to apply there in Renton????
    turbomamma

Answer by turbomamma at 4:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Hi... I live in Seattle... Seatac to live is cheap but not a great area.... I would look in Renton, Kent, or Federal Way. Those areas are cheaper thatn areound here too.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• *around... and there are lots of Fitness clubs... just look online in the area
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Yes, there are a lot of sports clubs/gyms in the Renton area. Im very cautious about Federal Way. I probably wouldnt recommend it for kids. Maybe Auburn/Kent. Definitely check into Renton though!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2010