What is the best age to start starfall and letter of the week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• 3 is a good age to start letters. To introduce at 2 is even fine. Star fall I have my first graders play during center time. I have never had my 3 yo try it yet.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Oh my goodness...I was reading letter books to my 6 months olds...lol. Mine have seen and known about letters since they could sit upright ;) I dont think its ever to early to look at them and point and name them!!!

But as far as sticking with one letter a week, It would depend on the kid...some kids are ready for that at 2, others I might wait till they were 3.

My dd started playing starfall when she was 2. She is very good at the computer and has been able to read since she was 2 as well. But I would say at least by age 4.

Starfall is the BEST site for kids. Love it!
    '
    I am a Kindergarten teacher by the way ;) lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I put my ds on Starfall as soon as he could use the computer, so about age 2. My first was 5 before I found out about Starfall.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2010