Where to turn for probono AntiVax lawyers?

I have a friend who's infant had an infection in the hospital. She was required to stay extra days. The baby was on 2 wide-spectrum antibiotics and running a fever. The baby made some improvements, then her white blood cells soared again. Eventually she was released, and my friend discovered that Baby was given the HepB vax without permission. And THAT just so happened to coincide with the blood count rise. My Friend was told by the hospital that they did nothing wrong, and that somehow she DID consent to the Vax.

She can't afford a lawyer, but the extra days in the hospital were NOT her fault. Let alone giving an unnecessary vax to an ILL infant. Where can she turn for advice?

thanks to all in advance.

oh the friend is in vermont, if that makes a difference.

squeegeatc

Asked by squeegeatc at 4:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Wow, that's so wrong! Sorry I can't help you.... I just wanted to say I hope you find a good lawyer!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I'd call the local bar association.  then talk to lawyer and explain the situation.  Maybe they will agree to pro Bono or a sliding scale or if damages are awarded they get a percentage.

tomib

Answer by tomib at 11:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• join Choosing Not to Vaccinate and see if someone there can help you. I'm so very sorry about your friend's baby. If i were her, I would be demanding the paperwork that showed her signature approving the vax. be aware they are sneaking SOB's.
    Anonymous

• This is not the case of Anti-vax. Call any lawyer for medical malpractice. The hospital made a mistake.
    Anonymous

• Your friend has several problems. Just because the hospital did something she didn't agree with doesn't mean that the hospital is guilty of malpractice, neglect or anything else. In fact many people think that not vaccinating the child would be the neglect or the mistake. And since the baby was already sick and on antibiotics it would hard to prove that the increase with the white blood cells was a result of the vaccination and not something else. So I doubt any lawyer would take the case.
    Anonymous

• Dont know. Google lawyers maybe! So sorry, Good Luck!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2010