What do you think our chances are??

I have 3 step kids, whom live with thier mom. DH has joint custody, although he moved 2 hours away from them to be with me, he sees them very often. We recently found out there are at least 12 people living in that house, so my 2 step sons (8 and 3) and my step daughter (2) have to sleep together. my oldest step son if failing the 3rd grade and BM won't let him come live with us so we can help with school. We live in a much smaller area where he would get alot more 1 on 1 help, and he gets picked on in school, he even got beat up the other day and the school did basically nothing. There is much more, but I would be here typing all day. Do you think its worth our money and time to take her to court to at least get the 8 yr old to live with us so we can help him with school? I wouldn't mind all 3 living with us, so what do you think our out come may be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• why would you agree to him moving away from his kids for you???? he needs to move back near them and if you have a heart you will understand.they need to be near both their parents.
    Anonymous

• OP: he didn't just move for me, he is happier here, Its not like I took him away from them, and he sees them at least once a week still!!!!
    Anonymous

• "I have 3 step kids, whom live with thier mom. DH has joint custody, although he moved 2 hours away from them to be with me"
    - by you
    he needs to see them more often,he is dad not grandpa,a child should never be away from either parent,thats not good at all.You need to convince him to move back and be there for him and show him his kids are more important and that you fully undertsand. Dont take them from their mom or dad move closer and be there for him and his kids if you really love him.
    Anonymous

• Can you ask the mom if he can just "stay" with you guys monday thru friday so he can go to the smaller school for 1 year and you will meet her halfway to bring him back on friday and sunday? I dont think the courts will take a child out of the moms house for the reasons you stated but maybe you could appeal to her in another way.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• OP: anon I did word that badly. It was his choice to move here, I never asked him to! And you seriously want me to convince my husband to just pack up and move??? NOT HAPPENING! I don't think you would do that either!
    Anonymous

• I think your first step is to call CPS anon,, of course,,, I think your chances are pretty darn good of gettting custody of all of them,, If his school knew of the living conditions they would be required to call. I assume she gets support for the kids? If so, and you can afford it, offer to pay her and keep the children. I would move back if this didn't work!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I think the fact he moved so far away from them will not work in your favor. She might have a lot of people living in the house but at least she didny voluntarily move away to be with someone
    Anonymous

• no i wouldnt,thats because i married a man with no kids.All im saying is as a mom why would you want to take a kid away from their mom,sure she is struggling clearly but that dont make her a bad mom. Is she feeding them? loving them? does she beat them?
    Anonymous

• Kimigogo she does get Child support, not a significant amount concidering my DH has joint custody, but some is better than none. I have thought about calling CPS anon, but is it truly completely anon do you know??
    Anonymous

• OP: anon she doesn't beat them, and I am sure they eat when there, and I am not saying she doesn't love them. However she is about to have another baby, has to many people in the house to pay much attention to any of them, the 8 year old and 3 year old have said so themselves. She leaves them with others alot while she is out doing whatever she is doing. I don't doubt she loves them, what mother doesn't love thier kids, She just "abandons" them alot in my opinion!!
    Anonymous