Do your teens do their own laundry?

Im trying to take that leap of faith...lol...do your kids do their own laundry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Mine does, she has been for years.. Not because I wont wash it but because she keeps her clothes in her room and does not put them in the laundry room. So she washes them when her clothes basket is full..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I began doing my own around the age of 9- my dd also does everything but run the washer (she tends to over load with soap, just trying to get everything cleaner), she is also currently 9. I'll expect that they will all be responsible for their own laundry by the age of 12, and was on their day, as we all did when I was a kid (come from a big family).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• mine is young but i know he wont,cause my mom took care of me till i moved out.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My dd has done her own laundry since she was 8 (she's now 17). I tend to never go into her room (it used to be a pig sty, but no longer) so it has been her responsibility and she actually enjoys doing it.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 5:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My son does his, I guess he's been doing them since he was around 16....because at that point he didn't want me going in his room anymore and he would run out of clothes. he's 19 now and still runs out of clean clothes once in a while. Once you teach them how to do them and set up the system, it'll become a habit OR they run out of clothes. Not your problem. Good luck!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

•  For some reason, my Mom did our laundry but fuck that...Both my teens did their own. How else would they know to seperate the whites?

Anonymous

• LOL@ anon:16. Thinking back like father like son....my son doesn't "get" the separating the whites thing....dingy socks don't seem to bother him at all. My ex- used to "help" by doing the laundry. I'm a nurse, used to wear whites....until the day he made them "pinks".
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• the laundry was my chore when i turned 10. i did it for all 6 of us. then my sister moved out and didnt have a clue how to do it. lol she ruined half her boyfriends clothes
    Anonymous

• I dont have a teen...but my son is 6. He is in the learning phase...where I teach and he helps.

He first gathers up all of his cloths and brings me the dirty basket. Then together we turn things right side out and un-ball socks lol lol....then after we put the stuff in he puts in the soap and pushes the button. (he likes that part)

I fold them and put them away.

One of these days he will be handed the basket and soap all on his own...but probably not until he is around 12 or 13...depends...maybe sooner...we will have to see ;) lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• LMAO@ kjrl79!!!

My ex did that with a number of things! he made purples, greens, and pinks... as well as oranges when he threw his nasty work uniforms in with the rest of our clothes- covered in carolina red clay!!! He was insistent that because he was a man, he could do it better, more efficiently. That lasted for all of about $500 worth of clothes! lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2010