can you live without a dishwasher???

ugh...I moved to an apartment and we don't have a dishwasher here. So, we hand wash all the dishes. =(

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• suck it up lol you'll make it.:) does suck tho. i liked the response about assigning one fork, spoon and knife to each person"handle this its all ya get" lol.
    I have a theory that the dishes-like rabbits_ reproduce while I sleep. I can go to bed with one bowl, 2 forks and a cup in the sink and the morning comes and I have 12 forks, 20 spoons, 2 bowls, `2 plates and pots and pans...creepy lil sexed up dishes. lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• ofcourse i can silly..if you dont like doing dishes just rinse them before bed and when you get to them it wont be such a drag.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I would never live with out one again. I physically can not stand at a sink to hand wash anyway. Do you have a galley kitchen in your apartment? If you have a regular kitchen you can get a portable one that you just hook up to the sink. That is what I have and I love it! Plus the top of it gives us more counter space.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I could if I had no choice but I really love my dishwasher so I would try really really hard to find a place that had one if I had to rent. I have done my fair share of dishes and hanging clothes on the line so I pretty much refuse to do either.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• i did dishes by hand my entire life until about a year ago. it sucks. but you'll make it.
    Anonymous

• Yuck sorry to hear that! I when we moved into this house we had to live in the in-law apartment downstairs while we fixed up the main house. No dishwasher! I remember hating the silverware the most. I felt like assigning everyone one fork and one spoon and saying that's all you get!!! Haha!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I do. I have hand washed dishes for two years now and I have hated every minute of it, but the kitchen where we are is simply too small to have one in there.
    Anonymous

• I've lived without a dishwasher all my life! Growing up, my mom had 4 dishwashers~ my brother, sisters and me! :0)
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I've been doing for 11 years.
    Anonymous

• "I've lived without a dishwasher all my life! Growing up, my mom had 4 dishwashers~ my brother, sisters and me! :0)"

ditto!

Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2010