Why is it??

Why is it that ladies these days can live with their boyfriend, be on unemployment, get government financial aide to go to school, get your child care paid for and still get $10,00 back in taxes for having so many kids?? Yet the couples that are married, make just $5000/yr over the limit to get any type of financial aide...for child care or schooling...gets raped in taxes,and gets $1000 back. I feel like there are so many people living great, driving Tahoes & Expeditions, just because they dont tell the honest truth about their "marital status"....these people have lived together longer than I have been married, have multiple children together. But yet, because we share the same last name and have a gold band on our fingers, we struggle every single month...paycheck to paycheck, just barely scraping by, with Toyotas, not asking for anything, but are getting raped to help those people have those luxuries. Is this fair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• How does this happen?? To me it seems like it pays to be unmarried and collect unemployment and keep popping out children, just to get more from those who wait to be able to "afford" the children...who go without schooling until the kids are into school themselves and pay the loan payment every month....I just feel like I chose the wrong way....even though I thought it was the right way.
    Anonymous

• One more reason I don't agree with marriage... Nothing good ever comes out of it...
    Anonymous

• I live on untaxable income from Social Security. There is no money back for having children. You have to make money to claim money.
    Anonymous

• . You sound like a nasty jealous woman. Why?

Anonymous

• Maybe because I am sick and fuckin' tired of taking care of people who live great off other people! Those kind of people are called leeches! And since you were so quick to call me names,without even knowing who I am, I'll be quick to jump to the conclusion that you are one of those people.
    Anonymous

• OP: I agree with you! I think its sick that I have to pay for people to have multiple children and be on every form of PA available while my family has to budget and live frugally.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• iT PAYS TO BE MARRIED, MY JOB AS APHARMACY TECHNICIAN BROUGHT IN MORE INCOME THEN HUBBIES VA BENEFITS.

IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE FACT WE WERE MARRIED WE WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN OVER $6000 IN TAX CREDITS.

Anonymous

• I feel the same. DH and I work hard, live frugally. Last year my BIL got arrested for drugs and now his gf is on PA and gets about 700 in foods stamps, free medical and lives off section 8. Yet they were making SOOO much money off drugs. Unbelievable now he's in jail for a long time. This gf is 25 and unemployed. Sad but true! Just be proud that you don't need anyone!! Btw I don't think your a jealous woman! Everyone has the right to an opinion!!
    Anonymous

• I'm not jealous, I'm just saying that I could save the money I give them, since they can afford such nice things and all, and go to school myself...but instead I wait until I have the money. I am not asking for PA at all! Just wish there were more honest people out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• The people you speak of are running this country into the dirt!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2010