Do you like your mother inlaw?

Mine really gets on my nerves, she comes over all the time and starts bossing the kids around and organizing my house. I think I would like her alot more if she didn't live so close to us (7 minutes away). Two hours away would be great.

prettybaby1

Asked by prettybaby1 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I am lucky I have a very good mother in law. She tries to not be the typical mother in law. Sheand I are very close, both my parents are past away and im only 24 , so its definately nice to still have a mother figure around. I think your situation is more normal than mine though. I hear it all the time of spouses not getting along to great with their inlaws.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 6:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• i love my mil. then again she is 13 hours away. when we were much closer my dh was a total mommas boy. and i couldnt stand it. if we had a fight or anything he would go running to momma. it drove me crazy! now we dont see her very often so when we do i enjoy it. it's my sil i cant stand now.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I love my MIL. She is great! She helps me whenever I need help. The only problem I have with her is that she tells me what to do with my kids....Like if she calls and asks if the boys are outside playing....I say yes they are...she says Make sure they have a coat on! Like I would let my kids play outside when it's chilly without a coat on...I mean Come on!!! What kind of mom do you think I am!?
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Love her! She is amazing.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• no
    Anonymous

• Yeah, mine is really nice. Have you talked to her or your spouse about this? It'd be a good idea to say something to your dh like "i like that your mom is so helpful, but i feel a little bit run over when ever she is over..do you have any advice on talking to her about this?"
    Anonymous

• Love my mother in law-she's the most down to earth person i know! BUT she's also 6 hours away! Maybe that's the secret...lol!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No anon,,,,,,I can't talk to her, she's that type that will get offended and start saying that we don't appreciate her. I've tried hinting to her that she doesn't have to organize my house and I will do it later, but she does it anyways. When she nags the kids I try to ignore it unless the kids are getting upset or being disrespectful to her then I'll say something which of course she doesn't agree with me. If my husband says anything to her it always turns into a big argument and she starts saying and telling people how mean he is to her. It's been going on for years
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Yes I do. I really love her and considered her as a mom to me. She was very good to me
    Coffeebandit

Answer by Coffeebandit at 6:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I'm lucky because I love my MIL and she lives on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2010