Can I take baths at 35 weeks pregnant?

Asked by lesliegirl7786 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can, the only thing there is too worry about is that the water shouldn't be too hot. I think it's like 96 degrees or something. You're not supposed to raise your body temp too high. For some reason your shower water can be as hot as you like but the bath has to be a little cooler.

Answer by beckcorc at 6:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• You can take a bath as hot as you just an old wives tale. You would become uncomfortable long before you could raise your core temperature high enough to cause damage.

• baths are safe unless your water has broken i have always taken really hot baths and showers and nothing ever happened with me.

Answer by MamaCass05 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Yes, i did with my pregnancies until the end...i am now 38 weeks preg. and just got out of a warm bath.

• Yes - baths are wonderful, that close to the end I always have my dh nearby to help me out of the tub though to make sure I don't slip.

Answer by missanc at 8:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2010