Is there anyone out there that can bleach brown hair

to a pretty platinum color? Is this even possible? No one it seems can get it right. Is it them or me? I've seen it, I swear it can be done... but I'm serious, I have spent about 500.00 this past year and Notta.... Help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have not done this but I have heard that you have to take all the pigment out of the hair first. Call around to some good salons and have them show you pictures of thier work. You don't want to keep trying over and over again, you'll end up ruining your hair.A good salon and a good beautician willknow this. Good luck. I was thinking about that earlier today, I have brown hair too. I would like a change, and was thinking of platinum but I think the biig change would freak everyone out, LOL.
    Anonymous

• I've done it to my own hair. I used the lightest blonde in the Herbal Essance brand. I turned around and followed it up again in 2 wks with the exact same color and got what I was trying to achieve. It cost me less than $20.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I do that to my own hair. The key is picking the correct toner(neutral ash) and getting you hair to at least a level 9(yellow undertone.)
    RyleighPiesMom

Answer by RyleighPiesMom at 7:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Juggalette, overlapping color leads to damage. Once you have your hair platinum you should not put color on that part of the hair again. If you can't get the color right in one application w/toner, over time you will have banding and a ton of damage.
    RyleighPiesMom

Answer by RyleighPiesMom at 7:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2010