those wet wipes by lysol & clorox.....

OK I lost the lid and they dried out. With diaper wipes, of course, u simply add some warm water and "reconstitute" them. In theory it'd work the same w/ cleaning wipes BUT will they still have the disinfecting power?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I've re-wet them before when I used to buy them. Now I clean everything with vinegar and water 'cuz, well, we're poor :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• probably not as much. they may just not be as strong.
    Anonymous

• Doesn't hurt to try!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I would be wary of using them especially on babies. Usually. those disinfectant products use toxic ingredients such as pesticides and are not subject to regulatory approval. . People get hyper about bugs but using products containing toxic chemiclals can be the more dangerous. My advice is to use soap and water. I would not allow Lysol in the house.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I'd add a little bit of bleach to it. maybe a couple of drops and then water, and it will still work. It may smell stronger though.
    WomanOfGod7

Answer by WomanOfGod7 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I don't think the op was planning on using them on a baby. She was asking if you could re-wet them in the same way you could re-wet a diaper wipe.

I'm pretty sure you can, you just don't want to put a lot of water in it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:37 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• janet116 she was comparing them to wipes, not saying she would use them on the baby. :)
    they will rehydrate but they wont be as strong, watered down and all that. But what I did was added some clorox cleaner to the container wit the water, jjust be careful which chems you are mixing. hee hee one time my bff made mustard gas lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2010