placenta in the front?

i was just wondering if anyone else had their placenta form on the front wall of their uterus and if it affected anything during birth?

ArmyAngel18

Asked by ArmyAngel18 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It really does not affect the birth. You just may not feel kicking as early as mothers whose are in the back.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• yep...mine was up front and as a result i didn't really feel kicking until 5 1/2 months....won't affect the birth at all
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Mine is mostly in the front with this pregnancy. I just didnt feel her kick as early as I did DS. I havent delivered yet but my OB said it doesnt affect any thing.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 9:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• i had that with my first son and the onlly thing that it affected for me was that she had to do an ultrasound to check the heartbeat at 14 weeks cuz she said it was hard to hear it behind the placenta. other than thta everything was perfectly fine for me!! I know things are easy to worry about during pregnancy but this shouldn't be one :)
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 9:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2010