Will your child's school be participating in Day of Silence, which is sponsored by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) on April 16?

On this day, thousands of public schools will allow students to remain silent throughout an entire day-even during instructional time-to promote GLSEN's socio-political goals and its controversial, unproven, and destructive theories on the nature and morality of homosexuality. This is hijacking the classroom for political purposes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not hardly no my kids school will not be participating
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No, my son goes to school for education not activism. Not that I don't agree with the cause just not the venue.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No and if they did, my child would be absent that day.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Their school play/talen show is that day, so I don't see it happening
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I would like that. But with a kindergarten and 3rd grader, if I can't keep them quiet at home, they won't stay quiet at school. It seems like something that would work well in high school settings where equality needs to be heard, so to speak.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My kid is Non verbal so I guess he will be silent that day for an extra special reason.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 7:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I wish if only for the peace & quiet; lol

No seriously; my kids aren't in regular school and I can't see the PreK participating.

While I personally support everyone's right to live and love with whomever they want; I don't think interrupting children's studies for the day is a good way to go about it. Pretty hard for the teacher to teach effectively if she's getting no response from the class.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Thanks for the reminder! I need to find that out.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is in Preschool, but if they did I would let her.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 7:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My kids won't even be in school on that day - they are in year round and tracked out.

Answer by missanc at 8:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2010