have you had new neighbors that you know are just going to be trouble?

we got some ppl moving in next door, a newly divorced mom with 2 teenage daughters. i was out with my kids ages 7 5 and 2 and they were using sidewalk chalk and sidewalk paint and drawing on our drive way and side walk. the teen girls shot me and my kids nasty looks and the one flipped me off...and after we came in the girls had their friends come over and they were yelling and cussing and blaring their music...we live in a duplex...im so not thrilled about this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• okay sounds like your in for a long summer. A few years back I had neighbors from hell (we live in townhouses) and i talked to my manager about it and she said she was afraid of these neighbors of mine and needed to take it slowly as to how to evict them legally. Well there was a "bust" at the neighbors house for stolen property and making meth. They were out a few weeks later. just be calm, do not stir the pot and keep the kids inside and do things away from the house, just keep a distance and MYOB it is all you can do.
    Also understand that the mom does know her girls are a handful but she is stressed out and can't deal with her girls right now and the girls are going through some changes...so explain it that way to your family so they get an understanding...try to keep perspective on the situation and in time they will be moving again...all I can say is I do love my new neighbors and hope we never part, lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• You might speak to the landlord to see what can be done.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I would be worried about retaliation. Are the girls like this when the mom is around?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• i am new to this apartment complex and the person right above me blares her music at all hours and the person on my right is loud and obnoxious all the time. the person to the left has a yappy little dog that barks all the time. and to top it off... we have roaches!!! glad we only signed a 6 month lease.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Wow I would make sure I had the landlords name and number in my phone! Honestly if they are that disrespectful they may not be there long.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• oh boy i know all about neighbors like that. my family and i live in a complex too and we had these ppl move in downstairs and since they got here there has been nothing but trouble..playing loud music to all kinds of night. drunken guests in the hallway..leaving garbage around after a party, etc. we have small children and the music has been so loud as to wake them up. and i also do not understand how they have such loud parties when they have small children as well...ugh they are a nightmare and from your situation it sounds like those neighbors will be too...i agree with neebug. call the landlord and if that doesn't work then go above their head. but that behavior should not be allowed to continue. and the other thing is that you should probably try to talk to the mother about her daughters behavior. maybe she doesn't realize whats going on.
    diablaherida666

Answer by diablaherida666 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Sounds fun!! See we moved into a brand new neighborhood ( all new houses). One neighbor just moved in across the street. 3 kids and a barking dog. All the kids for blocks are at their house.. We are an older couple, our kids are grown. I like peace and quiet. I am just glad they live across the street.

Answer by louise2 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• op here

they just started moving in today and already had to call the cops cause the boys that came to see the girls knocked over our slide and swing set...grrr
    Anonymous

• WOW I am sorry you have to deal with that. I hate my nebighors but they are my in laws so I dont expect much privacy and respect from her (MIL i get along fine with FIL) but on the bright side they are divorcing and she moved not far but just about 3 houses down but at least she is not next door anymore!
    Anonymous

• After I moved into my house, like.. literally a week after.. two of my neighbors started to decorate their lawns and driveways with junk. I'm almost wondering if my landlord paid them to hide it until we signed the lease, lol.

But I'd be a lot more furious in your situation. I would speak to the mother ASAP, and if she's as trashy as her children I'd be calling my landlord. Take note of everything and keep calling the cops when you need to. They knocked over the swingset?! Do you share a backyard? (sorry not sure how duplexes work). Surely something can be done if you're scared to let your children in their own yard.
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 9:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2010