Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I get pills for anxiety from a reg. doc or just a psych?

I feel really anxious when I have to do things such as look at our on-line bank account or stupid crud like that. I know it sounds silly but I need something to calm me down. Our PPO only pays 50% of psych bills so can a general practice doc help me out?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I get my anxiety meds (Buspar) from my general practitioner.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

  • You should be able to get a prescription from your family doctor. You will need to have an evaluation first.

    Answer by neebug3766 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

  • i had a friend who get them from her obgyn

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

  • i needed ansitity pills when i was a maitren of honer ( i get nervious and tend to faint when im in spotlight and speech in front of a big crowed )anyways i went to my yr check up w/ my reg doc and told her what was going on in my life and she perscribed me 2 lil pills..and it worked i didnt faint lol... but she was a reg doc.. im not sure if your doc would perscribe because of ur bank but just talk to your doc and be honest. and good luck..

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

  • General practitioners can help you out

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN