can i still use a pregnancy test to know if i was or still pregnant if i had most of the early pregnancy signs,missed my period with a week and started bleeding today ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can have a miscarriage and still show possitve on a preg test for weeks after
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Probably not. I happen to be the type of pregnant person where a week before my missed period I can take a pregnancy test and find out if its a negative or a positive. However, when I had my miscarriage at 4 weeks after having a positive pregnancy test not two days earlier, when I took the second test to confirm the miscarriage, I got a negative. HcG levels drop really fast when you have a miscarriage in early pregnancy, so most likely your test will result negative.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 8:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• both miscarriages i've had i still tested positve about 2 wks after being told i miscarried
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• You're not saying how far along you were when you miscarried. She sounds like she was only about 5 weeks prego... That is alot different versus a 12 week pregnancy.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 8:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• i was only 7 wks both times
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• And hormone levels tend to be different for women as well. I tried to mention that in my first post. I suppose I was unclear. It generally varies woman to woman, but my personal experience is that. I have myself had two miscarriages as well, however I didn't test after the second one so I can't use that as a reference. I did have my period about 6 weeks later.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 8:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2010