I think my husband may have just made things worse between my friend and I. Now what?

My friend invited me to go to her company's Spring Fling. I told her I would do whatever I could to be able to get there. I was unable to make it and I let her know and she was really upset. I tried to explain to her that I would not just blow her off...I really could not get there. So, my husband took me to these old buildings today after class so I could take some pictures. I have been having a hard time lately and he was tying to make me feel better. He posted that on facebook and she saw it. She made a passive aggressive comment about me not going to her thing. He got mad at her for saying that and wrote her an email telling her he was dissappointed with her for acting that way and said she should apologize to me for being rude because I didn't blow her off to go off and do something else. I understand he was trying to stand up for me but it wasn't about him. It was about her and I. I am certain she will get pissed...

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 8:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• when she reads his email. I don't want it to turn into a huge thing. I am not sure how to handle this now. What do you think? He shouldn't have done that, should he? Should I talk to him about staying out of my affairs or what?
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 8:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• i think she allowed him to come on by commenting on his stuff. he has a right to stand up for his wife. but for now, i'd call her up, let her know and also try to explain- again- why you werent able to go and to make a lunch date or something with her. gl
    Anonymous

• Ok, I just didn't want to tell him off for standing up for me but I was not sure that was really his place. She probably shouldn't have written on his page. I just hope that she doesn't take it personal and act like I avoided her.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 8:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Your husband was defending you against an unwarranted attack from an insensitive selfish person. I would have done the same thing. If your friend can't get it through her head that you didn't blow her off and that sometimes things aren't always "about her", then she isn't a very good friend to begin with.

My husband never stands up for me. You should feel lucky yours loves you enough to want to protect you.
    Anonymous

• I do believe she opened herself up for an attack and if he didn't retort in someway, she may have believed you did intentionally blow her off. I think it's good that your husband is standing up for you and if your friend is going to be that insensitive and shallow, then off with her. Your a mom and I can only imagine what you had to do instead of that Spring Fling was important. All my friends know that my family comes first and foremost and if I have to blow them off for them, I will in a heartbeat. I expect the same from them too. In this crazy/hectic life, crazy/hectic things happen.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 9:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010