Why do people adopt and abuse

I hear Russia is pissed at US adoptions. If I ran a country I wouldn't even allow out of country adoptions in the 1st place, I don't see the point. I also REALLY don't get why so many white folk adopt Asian babies. If its about a baby then there are plenty here. And if you claim its our bureaucracy that won't allow you to adopt here, then fix the problem instead of adopting our future leaders from other nations so they can run MY country, with the land and money and education you pass down to them, that should've gone to Americans.

But mostly, my concern is, WHY do people abuse adopted children. WHY? WHY? WHY? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE FOLKS? This is a real distorted type of mental illness, to actually seek out a foreign child/any child, not yours, and have the indecency to abuse that already suffering child. WOW!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• People are sick in the head! I hear more and more cases of child porn and stalking on the internet too. The main reason I do not put my child on the internet period. Facebook esp.
    Anonymous

• Why does anyone abuse anyone!
    Anonymous

• i agree. that story on about that lady sending the kid back to russia was horrible. i mean why go to all the trouble and then blame the orphanage. the kid is messed up but now u made him more messed up by sending him back. now he is going to trust even less. that poor little boy. i wish i could just hug him. and the fact she has another son that is biological. like if ur kid had issues u can't send them on a blame somewhere. god its horrible. and to think so many people that are not like her have so many problems adopting. i feel bad.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• It’s like the woman want others to see her as a nurturing mother but in reality isn’t. I saw this once and it sicken me. The little boy was of different nationality; the parents were white. I wonder about that little boy now he would be 7 now.
    Anonymous

• There are plenty of babies here? Where are the healthy white babies? Show me proof of where all these babies are and how much they cost?

Women here that have unplanned pregnancies abort or keep their babies.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• You must be native american. I'm sorry for all these foreigners coming in and taking your rights. You're right that everything should go to true americans.
    Anonymous

• People don't understand that kids from institutions have servere problems. They didn't do their research ahead of time to know the risks. And even if you think you are getting a healthy child there is no guarantee. Russia has the biggest number of issues with children than any other country.  It makes me sick when people say they they won't adopt from the state because those kids have "problems", but they will pay huge money to go overseas.  No matter what there is no excuse for this.  They don't call it a forever family for nothing. 

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Something is off with this story. How did this 7 year old get through security, passport checks, the boarding process etc without any official questioning his solo status? Did the mom pay someone to take the kid back to Russia? Sounds like the kids had some emotional/psychological issues, not that those mitigate what was done-If it happened as reported.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• It is really hard to adopt a child in America, not to mention expensive! I agree, people don't want to adopt from the state, because the kids have "issues", but then think that a child from an orphanage in a foreign country will be just fine, with no problems at all. That is very naive. I believe that we need to change the adoption laws here, but we always hold out hope that the bio parents will suddenly have a change of heart, and change their ways, blah, blah, blah. We don't want to separate families, we don't want to discourage parents from learning how to be parents, etc. So, what with this block, and the fact that unwanted pregnancies are aborted more often than not, people who want a child to adopt feel the only way they can is to go overseas. And add in that's what Madonna and Angelina did. Can't be bad to adopt a cute little foreign baby, can it? As for the 2nd part, I really couldn't begin to guess.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• sisteract.. they paid the airlines $200 to "escort" the kid. Something mommies on here ask about often. Then some other "escort" was supposed to pick up the child and drive him to some agency. So there was a plan, just not a good one. They didn't just put him on a plane and walk away.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010