Does your SO act like he's doing you some kind of favor by watching his own kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• You have to be kidding. LOL

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No... He enjoys watching his kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I'm NOT!! Last night he got up with the baby so I could catch up on sleep for once and I woke him up and asked him to feed the baby so I could feed our toddler. He got all mad at me and said he was "nice" and got up with the baby last night so I shouldn't bother him!! I do it EVERY night!!
    Anonymous

• I meant to say I woke him up the next morning.
    Anonymous

• he use to be like that when she was an infant. he used the excuse he had never even held a baby before but hers was the first diaper id ever even changed. now things have changed and he doesnt mind.
    Anonymous

• OP here- His excuse is it's "my job" because he makes the money and I'm a SAHM. But really he works from home and doesn't have to actually "do" much! UGH! I'm so irritated!!
    Anonymous

• not always, but there are definately times. I am always the one to get up in the morning with our 21 mo. old DD and i am also always the one to get up and get my SKs ready for school. So....when he does it, he acts like its a big deal. ha ha.

I always just remind him that he is just as capable as I am and there is no reason he shouldn't do it. We are both their parents. ha ha.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• yes he does and he says he is babysitting the kids I tell him it's not babysitting if it's your own kids it's called parenting I don't ask him to watch them often anyway cause he lets them do what they want he thinks as long as they are quiet it's ok and then I have to mess to deal with when I get home it's just easier to watch them myself
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 10:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• He has his moment but usually no. He knows I am home all day and that its a hard lonley job and that becasue I dont know anyone were we live I have no friends or anything so its just me and the kids. So if I get the chance and we have the money or MIL pays to get my hair done he will take the kids while I go. Or if I want to go to pueblo with MIL he will watch them so I can go and get away even if we have no money to spend shopping LOL I enjoy window shopping I can look at all the stuff I will buy when I get done with school and have my nursing job.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Sometimes. It doesn't end well for him when he does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2010