so what cant you do while 6 months along?

like as far as lifting, driving tractors, weeding the garden,working.. etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do whatever you are accustomed to doing, as long as you keep in mind that your balance might be off.
    Anonymous

• You can do as much or as little as you are comfortable with unless you've been put on some sort of restriction by your care provider.

Drink plenty of water, take breaks when you need to. I worked 6 hours in the garden today shoveling and lifting (32 weeks along) but took an hour break in between for a snack and a nap in the lawn chair. I moved a lot slower than normal, but I'm fine.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• no heavy lifting. and just stay in tune with your body. if something doesnt feel right you should stop. and wear gloves when you garden to protect yourself from parasites. and of course the obvious things, like no water skiing or mountain biking.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I'm almost 7 months and I can do pretty much everything. 2 weeks ago a laid out 3 yards of mulch and finished all my spring yard chores. I was mowing the lawn 2 days before my due date with my first. Do what you can, the more active you are the easier everything is. Just take breaks, watch the heavy lifting(you may not hurt the baby but you could give yourself a hernia), snack on fruit in between meals to keep your energy up. If you have too many chores don't feel guilty about delegating some of them.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• If you are used to doing that kind of stuff then you can still do it. If you start having problems while doing them you need to stop.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2010