For families of three: How much laundry do you generate a day?

It seems that these days my son, husband and I create a load a day. With all the changing out of pj's, towels and clothes and sheets I have to do a load everyday. The problem is it costs me $2.25 a load in our laundryroom and I can't afford to do that much laundry! Does anyone have any tips on reducing the laundry laod?

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• we go to the laundramat and use the biggest machine they have. it holds almost two loads and costs about the same as a regular one. and we use their biggest dryer.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I have 2 boys, and myself. I do between 3-4 loads a week. I only wash when I have a full load of towels, darks, etc etc. I separate my loads and manage that way.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I use my towel for two showers, air drying in between, before I wash them. I do the same with my son's towels. We dont do pj's, other than the baby so we dont have to worry about that. DH wears a uniform to work and we wash those every 3 days. So, daily we have like one to two loads every other day.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• the laundry mat i use to go to had a washer that held 3 to 4 loads of clothes. i was told by the owner actually to stuff it as full as i could....lol. it was GREAT!

we do re-use towels. and....my SO, myself and my DD have enough clothes that we could probably go a week or more without me doing laundry. SKs though (they aren't here all the time so I figured I'd answer...lol) dont have as many clothes...mainly in the pants area, so I have to do it at least once a week for them. when i do laundry, its probably 4 or 5 loads in a week/week and a half. there have been times i have waited even longer and its been A LOT of laundry.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2010