Amazon Kindle or Sony E-Reader?

So I'm thinking about getting one of these, but I'm not sure which one. From what I've found, you can only get books for the Kindle on Amazon. The E-Reader you can check books out from the public library. Any of you have one or the other that would like to give me any feedback? I normally like to buy my books used on Amazon and then resell them, and I know I wouldn't be able to do that with one of these. But I've recently really gotten into reading and I love gadgets so getting one of these really has my interest right now. Thanks in advance for any input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• If I were you, I'd go for the new Apple Ipad. You can download books on there as well as use the internet and everything. It's more versatile.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• there is also the barnes & noble "nook"
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Hubby got me the Kindle for xmas and I like it but books are still like 10.00 and after paying almost 300.00 for the Kindle it feels like a rip off. I like it and its convenient but I wish it had a back-light so I could read in bed if hubby is sleeping. Should have waited and got the ipad. I do like the fact that it cuts down on clutter and I don't have stacks off books by my bed anymore.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 10:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My hubby got me a Kindle for Christmas and I love it! Yes, there are some downsides to it (i.e. backlight) but overall it is wonderful! Doesn't every new gadget have a downside? I don't want a gadget that can do everything (i.e. IPAD). I just want something convenient to have to read. I love that you can have multiple books in one area. It is easy to read. To conquer the downside of the lack of backlight .... I bought a book light to read at night next to my hubby. Works great! I guess your decision will be to decide how much "gadget" stuff you want on your IPAD or Kindle! For me, my kindle is convenient, functional, accessible, and down right enjoyable. Good luck with your decision. Let us know what you picked!
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 10:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I looked at the Nook too, and with the nook you can lend books to friends, but if I don't have any friends with the nook, then it really doesn't do me any good. The IPad is too much for me. I'm not looking for all that, plus it's way more than I want to spend. But it is a great idea! I like the fact that the Kindle has a built in dictionary too!
    teach2ndgrade

Answer by teach2ndgrade at 11:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I bought my husband a Kindle for his birthday . He loves it . I think he's on his 5th book already and he only got it on March 30th .
    He's a very fast avid reader and in the long run it will safe us money . I'm Canadian so the kindle cost me $635.00 but so worth it to get something he loves .
    Bianca008

Answer by Bianca008 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I am waiting til the kinks in the iPad get worked out..I am so excited!
    Just_Bethy

Answer by Just_Bethy at 1:24 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My son got me the Kindle for Christmas and I love it...there are a ton of free books that you can get and as books age on there they get cheaper and it also has a reader on it that i use a lot too!
    rachel7777

Answer by rachel7777 at 3:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I have a Sony E Reader, and I really enjoy it. I check books out of the library, and there are lots of free books available.

The Ipad is great, but you can load both the Kindle and Ereader software on your computer and read books on your computer or laptop if you want a backlit display. The ereaders mimic reading from books and are easy on the eyes.

Kindle pros - lots of books, easy wireless download. At this point, you can also check your gmail account.. a feature that may have an extra charge in the future. Amazon does a great job merchandising the ebooks, making it easy to find and download new titles.

Sony Pros - Light, easy to read, lots of sale books for less than $9.99. I also keep music, and personal documents on my Ereader, which is sooo great. Rather than a pile of papers and notes.. I have it all in one package. Love that!
    Onemiracle

Answer by Onemiracle at 8:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I have the nook and I love it! You can get the free google ebooks on it, plus they have a free book of the week. You can also take it into the store for coupons and such. The books vary a lot in price, so there's something no matter what budget you have. You can also look up words as you read if you don't know what they mean.
    kttycat84

Answer by kttycat84 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2010