where can i find help, support and donatins for a family with 2 small children that just had premie triplets?

the babies were born at 24 weeks. they are in savannah and tis family can use any and all donations. someone told me to find a sponsor like huggies.

kristin0207

Asked by kristin0207 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd ask the doctor.
    Anonymous

• WOW! 24 weeks. I wish them health.

Look into the march of dimes.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 8:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• It is so sad when people have children that they cannot afford.

Right, I'm sure the parents fully intended to have triplets. Even if the family could afford 5 kids under normal circumstances, their medical bills are about to go through the roof.

OP, is this family near where you live? If so, have their story run in the local newspaper (if it hasn't been already), leave donation jars at business, try to get help to set up some fundraisers. As you mentioned, a large company might be willing and able to help, but I have no idea how to get ahold of the person who would make that decision! Good luck.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I don't think any of us plan on having preemie triplets when we try to get pregnant. The hospital bills on this could bankrupt a family making over $100K, easily.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• MAYBE I USED STRONG WORDS EARLIER. MY POST WAS DELETED. FINE. HOWEVER BEFORE U SIT ON YOUR PEDASTOOL, LOOK AT YOURSELF. THESE PEOPLE ARE GOING THROUGH A HORRIBLE TIME. LOOK AT THE MORTALITY RATES OF INFANTS BORN AT 24 WEEKS. NOT ONLY WILL THIS COUPLE BE DEALING WITH OUTRAGOUS HOSPITOL BILLS, BUT MOST LIKEY AT LEAST ONE FUNERAL! YOU ARE CRUEL AND HEARTLESS FOR YOUR POST. EVEN CO-PAYMENTS FOR INSURANCE WILL BE SICKENING! TRYING TO FIND ACCOMADATIONS NEARER TO THE HOSPITAL TO BE CLOSER TO THEIR BABIES. REMBER THAT KHARMA BRINGS TO WHAT YOU GIVE OUT. I HOPE THAT IF YOUR CHILDREN NEVER END UP IN THE HOSPITOL WITH A LIFE THREATING PROBLEMS THAT STRANGERS WOULD SHOW YOU MORE COMPASSION THAN YOU HAVE SHOWN THEM! IM GLAD THAT YOU ARE INDEPENDATLY WEALTHY AND THAT NO MATTER WHAT LIFE THROWS AT YOU YOUR CAN PAY FOR IT. THANKS FOR GIVING ALL OF CAFE MOM A BAD NAME!
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 6:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• You all need to realize that they were probably not expecting to have their babies so early, and just having to take off work unexpectedly like that takes a large toll on your wallet. Not only that, but even with good insurance this family is looking at well over $100,00 of out of pocket expense. The ideas that kokoula listed are great ones. Also, tell them to check with either of their employers to see if there is anything they can offer. My employer paid a month of our rent this year when our son was born at 24 weeks gestation. Wishing this family the best of luck.
    Anonymous

• I didn't mean for that to be anonymous.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 6:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2010