Anyone ever seen a ghost? Or a spirit, or felt one?

Do tell...........and what are your thoughts on their existance.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just one spirit - Wild Turkey!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I believe they're real.

I've never seen one - I think you have to be 'special' to be able to do that.

I believe that if you have a very strong bond/connection with someone who passes it's possible to sense them in a dream; shortly after they're passing...ie the night my great grandmother passed my mother had a terrible nightmare and woke up very upset and only hours later the phone rang...

As much as I enjoy shows like the Ghost Whisperer and tv mediums like Lisa Williams; I'm not sure if they're 'real' or not; I'm not 'special' enough to know that personally; lol
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• yes i felt their presence and seen them... some were.are family members or friends just stopping by others i encountered were "trapped" here cause of their tragic death. in one house we lived in i couldnt go up stairs into this one room..i tried and i fel like i was suffocating..we later got a german shepperd that wasnt completely house broke so we put it in that one room to keep the dog in there at night...i got half up the stairs and that ghost appeared and the dog just took off down stairs and i could feel the ghost come towards me i ran down the stairs and tripped it it felt like something grabbed my hair. found out later that, that woman was killed in that room by a dog.
    we now have random spirits pass through our house..not sure if its a place to go until they cross or what but my 5 yr old can talk to them. kinda scary in a way. the night my friend killed herself my son knew b4 i did cause she stopped by to talk 2 him
    Anonymous

• Yes, I've had a personal experience but also believe there are angels as well as spirits that are trying to get to the other side. Probably due to unfinished business. I pray for these souls. I pray that they find peace.

Anonymous

• i agree it takes a special person to see feel communicate with them...i myself have the ability to sense things about them..not sure how to explain it but its like talking to them with my mind. i can usually tell how old and sex of the said spirit and my son just fills me in on the rest. my son was born pre term and wasnt breathing when he was born..i been told that when people are so near death they have a stronger ability to communicate with spirits
    Anonymous

• I have never seen a ghost or a spirit but I do think they are real. But like beachmamma was saying, I think I might be one of those "special" people that has some kind of connection with deceased family members. I've had SEVERAL dreams about my grandfather (who is dead) and they all are clealy very meaningful. I felt a strange connection with him when he was alive as well...I feel that same connection with my dad. Must be something on my dad's side of the family that was passed to me. I have very vivid dreams that I remember in great detail 95% of the time. So I think spirits, specifically relatives of mine, know they can communicate with me from beyond the grave. It kinda sounds scary but as long as no evil things are trying to contact me, I'm good. :) lol
    Anonymous

• I don't believe they are ghosts, but spirits and yes I think they can communicate with us. I had a conversation in a dream with my grandmother and I had a visit from my uncle the day he died in my basement. After I felt him there with me the phone rang upstairs, it was my aunt calling to say he passed unexpectedly. They lived all the way across the country, but he was there with my just a moment before she called. My mother also worked in a nursing home for years and has many stories of people communicating with their loved ones right before they pass.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I was woken up by a child once when we were at a cabin in the mountains. Could not see the face, but did see the outline of his head and shoulders, snowy like.

I think it was a boy, but anyway I was sleeping in the couch with my head on a pillow, on my back. Than I was woken up by someone lifting the pillow. I also heard a voice say mom, mom. I though it was one of my kids so I looked up to see what they wanted and then that is when I saw the snowy figure. And also around the same time the light in the hallway went on. .
    It was hared for me to get to sleep the next night.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Just after my father passed I had a dream about him and my Mom. She had passed 5 yrs prior. Anyway, they were together and looked so happy and healthy. My Dad looked at me and I asked him where Mom was, he said turn around, she's right here. I turned around and then he was next to her, they were walking away together. I feel it was their way of letting me know they were okay and finally together again.
    I really feel my Mom when I'm driving, maybe it sounds strange but I talk to her when I'm alone in the car....
    Just a little back story, both my parents died in my presence, I was with them in their home, at their bedside. When mt father passed I was holding him in my arms. I think maybe that's why I feel him with me all the time now...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I have had to many experinces to list them all but mine started at a very young age. Mine also get strongerr when I am pragnant. We have a old man that plays with my kids. My daugter has not out grown it like my step son did. She will be playing on the floor with cars and the car will start moving by itself. We have all just learned to deal with it. I work in the health care so I also see them at work all the time. Just part of my life. Some people think i am crazy. others dont. i daont really care. I also can since when something bad is going to happen.
    babygirl9669

Answer by babygirl9669 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2010