What are your thoughts on dating someone you work with?

What if it's a large company? Or if you work totally different fields?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I think its natural and not something you need to avoid unless there is a conflict of interest in your position.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• not smart at all.everyone knows your scoop even if you try to keep it a secret
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 11:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I think it can be awkward if things don't work out if you have to see one another. Other than that I don't see anything wrong with it

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I dont care if its in different buildings, across the city, on the moon,,,if its the same company,,,dont do it. As someone once told me,,dont meet your honey where you make the money. I didnt listen. I married a co-worker and it didnt work out. People at my job took sides, it was horrible. I would never, ever make that mistake again..
    Anonymous

• I used to date a guy who worked in my building. It is a really big company and he was just one of the mover guys and i was an assistant. He used to take me to the empty offices and stuff to make out. It was soo fun!! but yea after we stopped, it was weird having to see him around.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I dated a guy at work for a year it didn't end up good. Now whenever I see him I want to scratch his eyes out!
    Anonymous

• Never a good idea
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 11:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• never a good idea. i know from experience it, never turns out good
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Don't ask me I married my boss!! LOL
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I never have, but I know a lot of places have policies against inter-building relationships, unless it's a couple that was already married and they both happen to get hired there. From an outsider's persepctive I would say it's an all-around bad idea.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2010