my baby takes FOREVER to burp!! Help!

Any trick to make them burp faster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try rubbing your babies back for a couple minutes then try burping again, Its what I used to do and it worked. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• dont pick them up right when their done, wait a minute or two, thats what i used to do and he would burp quick
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• how old?? and depends...if you are not breastfeeding then you have to burp a lot more..i remember this being tricky with my boys...sometimes I think they just didnt have to burp LOL...depends on the age too! at some point baby can burp themselves. also trying to burp them too much will give him hiccups
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• He's 3 1/2 weeks old....not old enough to burp himself....and yes I'm bottle feeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• feed him half the bottle then burp and feed him the rest of the bottle...put him high on your shoulder so his tummy is resting on ur shouolder and it should work best of luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• you could always lay him tummy side down across your lap and then pat his back. that way he has pressure on both sides so it'll help the air come out better.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2010