I came across this at a website I was on and wanted to share. Does it convict you?It did me. :(

Time Online will take you away
from your husband and family and home.
Every time you face the screen,
you will have your back to them.
Every minute you spend online
will be a minute
you do not spend in homemaking.
Be careful to watch your time wisely.
Set boundaries for your time online
and stick to them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree, as Christian moms we have to very careful what takes time in our lives. We should always make sure everyone and everything gets their fair share of love attention. But we must always make some time for ourselves.( of course after everyone is shut down:)
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I think it's silly I spend lots of time with my family while online. We watch movies, play games, and do learning projects. Also what does this have to do with religion at all.
    Anonymous

• Because if you aren't careful your computer can become a sort of "idol"...it can become a priority over other things. It happens all the time. I know people who have neglected other things in their lives because they were actually addicted to the internet. I agree with it, you need to be aware is all it's saying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• U can put almost anything into that statement... (insert in place of computer) TV, Reading, Video Games, Sewing, Crafting, Ect. Ect... Its NOT just computers :-)
    Anything over done like that can be bad....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Yes this is a point... But what i mainly do online is spread the word of the Lord and i see where u are coming from with this and I thank u for posting it :) God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• convict me??? why am I on trial?? Have I been arrested?? Huh??

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

I agree with this. Sorry every thing in moderation is common knowledge.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Yes it's true, many people really become addicted to the Internet and can spend hours on it without realizing how much time has passed. It is just important to be aware of how you live your life and how it affects your family. It's the same with a lot of things that can distract and entertain us
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• OP: If it doesn't convict you, (make you feel like it applies to you), then you don't have a problem with it and that is great!! Have a wonderful day. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Nope. Everyone needs "their" time. This is mine.
    My house is clean, 3 meals a day are cooked, DD is payed attention to. I get on here during nap time, and after she goes to bed and off and on during the day.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2010