Have you ever tried using sex to start labor?

Even if it doesn't work, you can still have fun trying, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well...It wasn't fully intentional... but it sure worked!
    :P~
    Sex before bed...contractions at 1am!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 12:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I tried once I reached 38 weeks and wasn't comfortable sitting, standing, or lying down. It didn't work. It wasn't too uncomfortable, but it wasn't the best sex ever.

( I ended up going in and having them break my water...dd was born 4.5 hours later!)
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Yup! My hubby had the time of his life! We had sex every day after I turned 39 weeks :o)
    But it did not bring on labor, my baby was still cooking and came right on time, at her own terms! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• my hubby loved it i woke him up for it, when he got home and before bed,,, didnt work worth a damn but was fun
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 12:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• yeah. and it worked for me. my doc checked me then we went home and had sex and i started labor a few hours later. it wasnt the best sex but it had been a while and was the last time for a while.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• yeah

Answer by admckenzie at 12:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• It worked for me both times! Within about half an hour I began contracting regularly, and 13-14 hours later (for both labors) my baby was born. I'm hoping it works again with my third (due July 1st).
    sjjeaster

Answer by sjjeaster at 12:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Dh and I tried when I was 38 weeks. it was competly miserable. I was so uncomfortable and it hurt. I was just like hurry up and get it over with lol. I don't know if that helped start labor or not but I had DD 2 days later. If all else I figured I'd let him go at one more time before he got off for 6 weeks lol
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Yep - didn't work
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2010