Its women like these who give PA a bad name!

I work in a pizza/sandwhich resturant and it's pretty expensive. Two people can come in and easily spend 20$ or more. Well today this lady comes in and she is HUGE, like over 300 pounds. She has 4 little kids with her. She orders a pasta and an 8 in sandwhich for herself. Then spazes out over every little thing the kids order because she doesn't have the money. (all of the children were really fat too). She spent about 50$ on food. Then one of the kids comes up and asks if she can get chips. The mom flipped out started cussing at her and yelled out "damn I already told you I'm going to use my food stamps for that shit!" I was just like wow.... It makes me sick to see people like this when I know that there are those who truely do work hard and need the help. I'ts just amazing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep...I agree. Wow I feel bad for her kids.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i worked in a grocery store for a long time. i saw stuff like that ALL THE TIME. it just makes me mad. and my sil lives off the gov completely. fs, hud, wic, even her phone! and she is so proud that she doesnt have to work and has everything. and what the gov doesnt pay for my mil does. it just gets my blood boiling!!! we are struggling and working hard and dont get any help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• It's not just PA abuse sounds like momma needs a psychologist. Oh shoot did you see my mom, that sounds like, except my bro. and me aren't over weight we couldn't beat her to the food. I'm serious no joke. That's how my mom is. So worry more about the kids.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Yes, it's people like her that make me so mad, because my family is in need and I am denied because I have a part-time job. I'm one of the few people at the DHS who doesn't have her "nails and hair did." Sorry, I'm bitter. We only got $70 for the one month my dh wasn't working (he got a part-time job that doesn't come close to making up for the income we lost). Foodstamps need to be under stricter guidelines, like WIC. You shouldn't be able to use your foodstamps to buy potato chips and junk food. I do think, they should allow toilet paper! lol. I struggled with that one when my dh first lost his job.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Okay, so she's overweight and spent $50. Do you know if it was HER $50? Maybe her friends sent her out to pick up supper? Do you know if she's disabled and that's why she's over weight? Are you SURE it's because she over eats? Do you know if her husband has a job or if he lost it or if he died? maybe she's mentally ill and unable to work? How do you KNOW she is abusing PA?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Shocking that you can use food stamps for hot pre-prepared food!!! Can't in FL. The closest is a cold sub from the deli in the grocery store but if you ask them to put it on a press you have to pay cash.

This seems extreme!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• yes here if you are on food stamps you can not order cooked like previose poster said about the subs. Although oddly you can buy birthday cakes that is the ONLY cooked food you can order
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• She was buying food for her kids, that's not so bad. Haven't you heard of people yelling the same thing at their kids in convenience stores when buying their cigarettes and booze? The parents are angry that the store won't take fs so they deny the kids a snack but they have money for their vices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• when grocery shopping you can always pin point the ppl on food stamps from the ones who pay for food with cash..the ones on FS have their carts fully loaded with all kinds of crap(and most of the time really over weight) and the others are getting the bare necessities. we make too much to get any PA but are living paycheck to paycheck and stuff like store bought cookies and cakes are a luxury, but one family of 5 i know gets $900 a month in food stamps..its crazy the need to set different guidelines and cap what ppl can get...we are a family of 5 and have to make due on 300 a month on food so needless to say we dont get to enjoy easy meals i have to make everything from scratch ....
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2010