going to try for a girl.....

i have two boys and really want a girl....what are my odds of that happening? my family and his family has tons of boys.....its been 25years since there has been a girl in either familys including my moms side my dads side

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I also have 2 boys and I love them more than anything in the world. I would however love to have a daughter someday. If I had another boy I would love him as much as my others. Having a longing for a mother-daughter bond with your own little girl doesn't make you a monster! I agree, people do make rude comments but that doesn't mean they think boys are worse than girls. I just want to experience raising both. If it's not in the cards for me, fine. But it doesn't hurt to try, or hope. As long as you love and treat all of your children equally that's what matters. And anon 2:08 you can deny it if you want but I'm sure in your heart you hoped one of your babies was a girl before they were born.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• They say that your odds are always 50/50
    But here are some things that **might** be able to sway those odds a bit. Start tracking your ovulation and only TTC about 3 days BEFORE your expected O day. This is because little boys dont live as long as girls. But boys swim faster. So you kill all the boys before they get to the egg because they can't live that long, and a girl might be able to make it.
    Also, supposedly eating a lot of acidic foods (like orange juice) might be able to sway your odds because it will change your inner mucus and little boys can't tolerate environments like that as well as girls can.
    There are supposed to be certain positions and such that work better too. they all involve creating a longer distance for the sperm to travel to the egg. This is in an effort to kill the boys sense they don't live as long.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• there is this gender predictor that tells you what month to get pregnant and its based on age and its chinese they also use it to find out the gender of ur baby... its on the website americanbaby.com
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 1:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• so far it has woked for me and my family and its been true its called ancient chinese calendar
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 1:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I hope that you have another boy....and another boy and another boy...and another boy and NEVER have a girl. Women like you are sad! I have 4 sons and detested when women with 2-3 boys would say in front of my sons and her sons "I'd have another child if I could be guaranteed it wouldn't be another boy' as if boys were the worst gender on the planet. Having a daughter won't define you as a woman. Focus on your sons and not on what you think you are missing out on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Good Luck. My mom kept trying for a boy and had 6 girls. Her brother kept trying for a girl and had 5 boys. Sometimes you just get what you get.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• anon 2:08, ha ha ha! I so identify w/ u!!!

I have 2 boys and when I was pg w/ our 3rd it grated on my nerves when everyone went on and on about a girl. And once our baby came and she is a girl, well people's comments on that annoyed me too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• www.in-gender.com Check it out. Plus you can openly talk to other women about gender disappointment without judgment. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I wanted all boys and got 1 boy and 2 girls i would love to have anthor boy but i will try and whatever gender comes out i will be happy as long as my baby is healthy thats all i could ever ask for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• jenae...nope. I did NOT want a daughter. As a matter of fact I actually stopped having children because I was afraid I was pressing my luck. I never wanted a girl, ever. From minute one I wanted only sons and the only way I would have had a 5th child was if I could have been guaranteed a 5th son. Not really in to the only mother/daughter bonding thing. I am just fine with having all sons. Thankfully we have 2 grandsons....no grand-daughters yet and I REALLY am not crazy about the idea of having any. Hopefully my sons all have boys, too. Fingers crossed. That's said from now on my grandchildren will all be girls. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2010