Pumping ??

On average how much breastmilk can you pump in 1 sitting? I am pumping every 2-3 hours for my baby while he is in the hospital (4 weeks old) and am getting 2-3.5oz from each side. is this good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• well everyones different but thats how i was with my son ... and the dr said it is normal after some time a lot more was comin out
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 1:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• That is plenty! They usually only take about 2 ounces at a time as newborns, so at 4 weeks, you may have more than enough. But you'll just have extra to store! When he/she gets older, it will be more. Then, when he/she starts solid foods it will start going back down.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 2:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• that's great! a lot more than what I got out at that time (1-2oz)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I'm pumping right now !!!

If I were you I would pump every 2 hours right now and make sure you are doing it at night too. You have to simulate a newborn at first.

I have been pumping for 9 long months....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• The amount that you are pumping is the high end of what is considered average.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2010