Tanf Question

Im Recieving TANF right now,and i know it requires the baby's daddy to pay child support if he isnt helping you.I was gonna file child support because we werent together.I live with my mom,she is the only one working and she barely makes two hundred a week,and my baby is gonna be three months so i cant work right now due to im breastfeeding.But what if I plan on getting back with my babys daddy ,would they take my tanf away?and my baby daddy is currently unemployed.will i still be able to keep TANF?and im planning to go back to school and im scared that tanf will take the benefits away and i wont be able to go back to school?someone please respond if you know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• How is he going to help financially if he has no job?

It will make no difference if he is unemployed. you will still get tanf and he will still have to pay child support for the months he is not working. If he doesnt get a job soon that will add up and he will have the risk of getting put in jail or losing his driver license.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• If you get back together it will include his income...However, since he doesnt have any, they wont take your benefits away...be careful though, all that stuff has a time limit!! You dont want to look up when your 40 and in a bad situation and not have any benefits left to use!!! GL..
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2010