Every Christian MUST support gay marriage?

What do you think about the following statement: Every true Christian MUST support the right of gay people to marry because God created and gave us free will - to deny gay people the right to marry, even if it's regarded as sinful, is to deny them free will which means you think you know better than God.

Do you agree or disagree? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's not worth getting into a debate about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• LOL. How about this, "Every true Christian MUST support a psychopath's right to torture and murder people because God gave us all free will, to deny them the right to satisfy that carnal urge, even if it's regarded as sinful, is to deny them free will which means you think you know better than God."

I disagree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Stupid.

I'd be a person who doesn't care about what God thinks if I left out what the Bible says.

And it says that He thinks very lowly of homosexuality, classifies it as sin.

I don' think He wants people doing it.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• He also says that we should correct each other and tell people when they are sinning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• He is stupid..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• That's a ridiculous statement. Regardless of my feelings on the topic. Yes we have free will but there are points we are to stop. We are free to sin if we choose, that doesn't mean He wants us to. There are plenty of directions this could go pedophiles, murders, theives, adulterers. No one believes God wants us to condone any of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

You're kind of stretching the comparison here. I understand the point you are trying to make, but comparing two gay people who love each other being allowed the same rights as straight people with someone who maliciously harms and kills others seems illogical to me. That's like saying an 8-year old who steals Tic-Tacs from KMart is on the same level as a sinner as someone who murders babies for fun. Both are "sins", but they are miles apart in how they harm others.

The only reason I disagree with the OP is the way it was written, it sounds like being gay is a choice, and I don't think it is.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 8:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I don't understand why monogamous homosexuality is a bigger threat to Christian life than rampant promiscuity amongst all people.

Anyway, I think a person would be stepping in it the moment they said "Every Christian MUST." I mean, I feel like you're sort of creating a contradiction for yourself here. Aren't you taking away people's free will by saying that the Christian's MUST do or think anything?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Aren't you taking away people's free will by saying that the Christian's MUST do or think anything?

THIS ^

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I have the free will to support or not support anything I choose and I don't support gay marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2010