I need help with child supprort?

My step sons mom refuses to get a job. So she does have to pay child support. She gets child support on her two other kids and all kinds of other assistance. My husband and I make to much to get any help and it is frustrating because we can't get ahead. I need help on what to do?

babygirl9669

Asked by babygirl9669 at 6:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Have you filed for child support??? If she has been ordered and is not paying take her to court for contempt.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Even without a job they generally have a minimum amount they have to pay. It's pitifully low - my ex only has to pay $275/month for 3 kids, which doesn't cover anywhere near half of what I spend on them! And he doesn't even pay that, but at least it's court ordered and keeps adding up. Someday . . .

Answer by missanc at 9:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• If someone receives cs they can't be made to spend that cs to pay cs to someone else.
    Anonymous