my child is obsessed what do i do

my 3 yr old son is obsessed with fire extinquishers as soon as we walk into any store or bowling alley or hospital he RUNS for them like he smells them out or something, he is just crazy!!! it use to be cute because my FIL is a firemen but now its just to much its like if he doesnt get them when he sees them he throws a fricken fit . Does anyone have a lil one obsessed with anything? i just feel so alone . I tell him its for fires and needs to stay there and I stick to my guns about it but he will run off and take them off the wall even! help :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Stop obsessing over his obsessing, he's 3. He's got a long life ahead of him. He'll get over it.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• And after that it will be dinosaurs, and after that it will be leggos, and after that something else.. He is a kid.. That's what they do..
    However, when at first you thought it was 'cute' you were probably (without knowing it) teaching him that it was ok..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 10:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I agree that he is a kid and there will be many obsessions, but if it is a problem (like you said he's pulling them off walls), maybe have your FIL talk to him about it. Maybe he could tell your son that fire extinguisher's are okay to look at but only firemen can touch them. Good Luck.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I agree. FIL did this so FIL should fix it
    Anonymous