Do Your Tweens Drink Coffee?

Do your tweens drink coffee? My neighbor was over the other day and was shocked that my 12 yr old was having a cup of coffee. I love coffee and really never had a problem with any of my kids drinking it. My hub and I have a pot on all the time and if the kids want some we never had a problem with it. How does everyone else feel about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes, and they make it too. :) We have an eclectic life anyway. I would not allow starbucks or anything too rich cuz we can't afford it, but regular coffee is cheaper and better than soda IMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• my 3 yr old drinks it when she goes to my moms house. its thir special thing. however, i dont drink coffee-so she doesnt get it at my house.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Yes my daughter drinks coffee maybe once or twice a week.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• No my kids did not drink coffee tell they where like 16 or 17. Coffee coast to much for a kids to be drinking it like cool aid. My kids did not drink a lot of soda either.

Answer by louise2 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Oh yes both of mine do. They've had coffee since they were probably 7 or 8 although then it was more like one cup in the morning and that was it. My oldest quit when she was preg and doesn't drink that much now but my 14 yr old will have some in the morning and then when she gets home from school. I'd much rather they drink coffee than soda. I love my coffee so I don't have a problem with kids drinking it.
    MargieMc1974

Answer by MargieMc1974 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• NO! I personally think that is too young to start drinking coffee.. our teenage son drinks coffee some times but he is 17 and the size of a full grown male. the other kids 13 and under may have a glass iced tea once in a while but that's it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Actually current studies have shown coffee is a healthy drink. Gives energy, if you add sugar and cream/milk it can be compared to a sports drink. There is less caffeine in it than most sodas and it is cheaper than soda and sport drinks.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 12:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• yes, people don't like it because there are alot of myths about it but it is fine i drank it when i was young not all the time but bery often and i am perfectly fine and healthy very short though so maybe they are right lol
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• No, because WE DON'T drink it!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 6:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• No. It stains your teeth and has too much caffeine. I don't drink it either, but even if I did I would not allow my children to drink it until they were grown.

Answer by missanc at 7:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2010