What do I say to him?

I'm going through a break up, it was a long term relationship. We live together and I move out very soon. It's been pretty calm and we still genuinely care about each other. Anyway, this guy at work found out and is coming on WAY to strong. I'm new and he's really popular, all the girls have been trying to get us together from day one. I don't think it's a good idea and it's definately not a good time for me. I can't even imagine dating anyone yet, let alone someone at my new job. I don't want to tick him off and I did like him as a friend. I don't get any private time with him to tell him how I feel. I've mentioned a few times that I still care for ex and I'm going through a lot, I couldn't imagine dating anyone for a long time. What else can I say? I thought about getting his number to tell him privately, but I don't want him having my number. He gave me his email, but I don't know if that's a great idea either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk to him in person. Just tell him Yiou like him, but it is not the right time for you do be dating right now. Tell the girls at work to BUT OUT of your dating life or lack there of.

Answer by louise2 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• If it isn't possible to have a private moment with him, then tell him anyway.. Be nice but be firm and upfront.. If you come off as hesitant or weak about it he won't take you seriously.. If he continues to persue you after you have told him firmly that you are not interested, then go to your supervisor..
    And tell the girls to mind their own business and when you are ready for a relationship, you will handle it yourself..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 10:21 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Just tell him you are not ready and ask him to respect that.
    Anonymous