did you see the story how the adopted boy was returned to russia?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_russia_adopted_boy

im over all shocked...what are your thoughts?

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it's terrible. My heart breaks for that little boy.We live in a country where there is ALWAYS help for troubled children,I guess she just didn't look hard enough. If that was her own flesh and blood child, what would she have done if she couldn't handle him? Dump him at the nearest garbage heap? Take him to Wal-mart to the Customer Service desk?
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I have mixed feelings. On one hand I think it is child abandonment period, but I am also concerned that the mother's fears were not listened to here and she couldn't get the help needed. I don't think it was handled well at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• It wasn't the mother who sent him back it was the grandma. If you can send 7 year olds back for misbehaving the hospitals would be full of 7 year olds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I think it's horrible. I know people who have gone through this exact thing. Getting your child the help they need for these severe problems can bankrupt a family. It is scary and tragic for everyone. BUT you don't abandon a kid and ship them off to another country. You made a commitment to that child. For good or bad you have to do everything humanly possible to care for and protect that child. If it means special care here in some kind of facility, then that is what you need to do. But this is so far from wrong there isn't even a word to describe it.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• There is a big difference between "misbehaving" and sever emotional/psychological problems like Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD). RAD kids can appear to be perfect angels in public or when necessary, then flip to the complete opposite in private. I do not think what the mom & grandma did was so bad. I doubt they were properly informed or educated to take on such a child.

Personally, I think all international adoptions should be stopped until all U.S. kids have been adopted.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Personally, I think all international adoptions should be stopped until all U.S. kids have been adopted.
    ___________________________________________________________________________
    AGREE...........ALSO FROM THE ARTICLE I READ SHE WAS MISINFORMED ON THIS CHILD,BUT I THINK SHE SHOULD HAVE TRIED TO MAKE IT WORK NO MATTER WHAT, YOU CANT JUST RETURN A KID LIKE A BAD APPLE TO THE STORE. IF THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN HER BLOOD CHILD SHE WOULD HAVE NEVER SHIPPED HIM OFF!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I think the news is demonizing a naive woman who had no idea what she was getting herself into, and when she realized she was in over her head nobody would help her....what she did was a desperate act......I am appalled at the people who lied to her and sent her this chilld that they knew she would not be able to care for properly, and I am so sad for this child who is all alone in the world with the kind of problems he has....my prayer for him is that this publicity will find for him a good parent who can handle his baggage....God help us all.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• She apparently abused the kid too do you think that is ok too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• it just seems like something out of a horror movie..ironically my husband and i watched orphan the other night and i made the comment after wards wondering if "damaged" kids were sent out of foreign countries...grant it the move was about an adult dwarf..
    i could only imagine what kind of behavior this boy exhibited. its just sad all the way around. and i agree the US kids should be adopted rather than going over seas. people act like kids have different breeds like a dog. it doesnt matter where they came from all need love
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• What she did was wrong. However, if a kid is threatening to burn down your house with you in it, how would you really feel? People act like all these kids need is love. Wrong. They need a heck of a lot of psychological counseling. Many famlies in our church adopt from Romania, Russia, and other countries nearby. These are extremely emotioanally damaged kids, even the best of them. They are violent, angry, and it takes years to help them overcome their past. I find it odd that a 7 year old owuld suddenly want to burn down houses and the orphanage just had no clue. Similar things have happened among my friends, yet luckily mine are prepared for that possibility. They say most of those orphanages lie, and it looks like they do. This mom deserves to be punished, absolutely, but until foreign countries can tell the truth, it's going to keep happening. There's a reason they adopt kids to the US - no one else wants them.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2010