Ever see a mom like this?

My cousin's and I were shopping yesterday and we saw this mom sitting on a bench with her two kids. The littler one,about 18 months(the other looked 3) tried to climb up by her and she screamed out "oh no you don't! When I wanted you by me earlier you didn't want any of that,so you stay away!" It choked me up! That little baby just wanted his momma to hold him! I've never turned down a hug from my boy.You never know,it could be your last.

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• If that child of hers was to die the next day of x reason she would look back to regret denying a hug to her child regardless of her reasons at that time. Even if my back is hurting me I do give my kids the love and time thay want and need!!!!
    No matter waht anybody else thinks I do agree she was wrong for reacting in such a cold way to her child....Kids grow fast they will deny you love and attention when you are old and be careful they just might get you back too as they become older.
    LIVE LIVE NOW TODAY AS IT IS,HUG AND LOVE YOUR CHILDREN AS IF THERE IS NO TOMOROW!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Honestly I'm tired of seeing every mom judging every other mom. We all have our moments.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Good thing you are a perfect mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• You just seen a clip of her life. You do not know the whole story as to why she did that.

Answer by louise2 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I have to agree with the previous posters...you saw a microscopic view of her life and you are trying to judge her parenting based on something you have no real knowledge about....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I had a friend like that. She has 2 daughters, ages 2 and 4 ... whenever they would try to cuddle up with her or sit on her lap she would be like "Oh my God, do you have to be all over me all the time? Get down, Get off me, etc." It was sad. But she wasn't a very good mom... period. It's a long story lol
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• So most of you ladies think its ok to EVER scream at your baby like that for ANY reason?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• What the other posters are saying is true in that you cannot know know what kind of a mom she is by that particular incident....however, I do understand your reaction....she definitely had a selfish and immature moment that you witnessed.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• No, I do not think it is alright to 'scream' at a baby, or any child for that matter.. However, like others have said.. You saw a few seconds of this woman's life.. You don't know what her life is like, you don't know if maybe she was having a bad day, lost her job, just learned that she has cancer, whatever.. Yeah, she could be a bad mom.. She could also be a really good mom who was just at her wits end at the moment..

Do you think it's ok to judge another person simply by what you observed in only a few seconds? Would you like others to make judgements about you as a mother based on what they witnessed for only a few seconds of your life?
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 10:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• My five year old was extremely clingy as a toddler and yes a few times I had to tell her " Please Ann let Momma get some space to breathe".. She was all over me constantly and I felt so smothered sometimes, and it gets really tiring and hot when someone is constantly on your lap or touching your hair. Does not mean I loved her any less, sometimes I just needed personal space!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2010