Sexual Assault

April is Sexual Assault Awareness month so I am spreading the news. Each week this month I will post another set of facts about sexual assault in this section.

#4 While about 80% of all victims are white, minorities are somewhat more likely to be attacked.

#5 About 3% of American men — or 1 in 33 — have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime.

#6 15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12.

#7 93% of juvenile sexual assault victims know their attacker.

#8 In 2007, there were 248,300 victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault. (These figures do not include victims 12 years old or younger.)

#9 Sexual assault is one of the most under reported crimes, with 60% still being left unreported.

#10 Males are the least likely to report a sexual assault, though they make up about 10% of all victims.

So why do we let this crime continue to be one that

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 10:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• And if you would like to help RAINN (Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network), just let me know. I am running a fundraiser and all profits are going to RAINN.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2010