Has anyone else had to deal with eye surgery??

My daughter is 11 months (tomorrow) and is scheduled to have her lazy eye corrected on the 21st of April. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to go through this with their little ones and how they (babies and mommys) handled it. I am a nervous wreck thinking of her going for surgery.

Laitheledh

Asked by Laitheledh at 11:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hope it goes well. Thankfully my son hasn't had to have any surgeries, but he had to get glasses at 22 months and will likely have them his whole life. A daughter of a friend had eye surgery at probably around 2 and she did fine with it. I'm sure it's a lot worse for the parents when they're so little.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• my sister had it done when she was little, she was just tried for the day and after that she was fine. while it was healing there was a greenish colored cut on the white of her eyes. but its disappeared. she 16 now and can see just fine.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2010