just curious as to why someone would go overseas to adopt a child..is it cheaper..easier than USA adoptions?

it just seems crazy when we are already over populated and we have so many kids here waiting for adoption. where im at they are actually short on foster homes cause so many kids are in the system

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it is sad regardless for the children in the US or other foreign countries. To be tossed around from foster parents to children's home stuck in the US system. Our country along with others ought to think about sterilization....just my opinion.

Funny how it seems people would rather buy a cheap kid then pay for one who is worth it.....reminds me of buying cattle...better get the best one.

I actually don't think people should have to pay for the adoption of children when THEY would be giving them a better home then the life they have been living and taking them out of that system they were put in, not by their choice!!!
    Anonymous

• Way cheaper and easier. You can almost just go get them when they are overseas...and no mom interference. Over here..there is so much redtape and other issues that it is just easier.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• It is very hard to adopt a child in U.S. and also very expensive. Many people give up in frustration.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I can't figure it out. I adopted from the foster system it was free and easy. I know infant adoptions are harder and expensive. But that doesn't explain international adoption because those kids are not newborn. Some people say there are no babies available through foster/adopt but I had a 18month old and a newborn. I guess one reason might be that you don't have interference from a birth family. But is that really true? Even Madonna's adoptions were fought. It is true that through foster/adopt you may lose the child you love. It happened to us and it was heartbreaking. But there is only a 2% chance of that happening. Most adoptions go of without a hitch.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Yes, it is cheaper and easier.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• Cheaper, easier, and less chance of a birth parent coming back years later to try to take your child away.
    Anonymous

• Faster too. My friends tried to adopt for 7 years in the U.S. and finally decided to adopt from China. In a much shorter amount of time they have been able to adopt 2 children from China.
    Anonymous

• The average cost of a Russian adoption is 25,000.00. From start to finish it takes between 4 months and 2 years to finish the adoption process. Most children come from orphanages and the parents can not fight the adoption and get them back like they can in the U.S. Russian and Ukraine orphanages are full of babies and toddlers. Look into it a little and you will want to adopt one too. Russian orphans have a very bleak future if not adopted.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 3:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2010