How much does your one year old cry?

My DD seems to always be crying. Of course kids cry when they're infants, but are one year olds supposed to cry this much too? She always cries in the car if I'm not sitting in the back with her. (And I mean screaming her head off and sometimes still does it with me back there). It's impossible to put her to sleep.. and so there are always tears at bed time.. and every time I leave the room, she's screaming again... it's really stressful, and just wondering if it's normal.. or if I'm babying her at all.. and should just let her cry. I always pick her up and comfort her, and usually when I leave the room anymore.. I just take her with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly, I don't know if it is normal or not. But my son is the exact same way. He turned 1 on March 16th. He cries constantly. He never wants to sleep and when he does go to sleep it is usually because he has been screaming for hours. I always pick him up and comfort him too but sometimes even that does no good. I can not go 2 feet away from him without him crying. He also cries after his daddy too. It is always 1-2 hours after he leaves to work until he gets over it. He even screams and cries when we go into the bathroom even if the other one is right there holding him. Sorry I couldn't be any help to you. Just wanted to let you know I am in the same boat..
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• my son is a screamer but his more to get what he wants, which is what sounds like what your is doing also, i started letting him cry to teach him that is not the way we get things. and it has been working
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• My daughter would cry when I left the room around 10 months old......I started playing peekaboo every time I left the room, so me leaving wasn't such a big deal. It only took a day or two before she didn't care when I left the room
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2010