I can understand why women stay in miserable marriages...

Hubby and I have been fighting a lot. He claims if we divorce he is keeping our youngest during the week. I know we'd have to see a judge but his family has money for a good lawyer. I don't. The thought of seeing my 5 yr old only on weekends literally makes me sick. He is my sunshine. My happy little angel. I am already divorced once and have to give up my older son on weekends to his dad. I cannot be a weekend mom. I will stay miserable just to keep my baby full time. Does that make sense?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I am staying in a miserable marriage too for my son. I know a lot of people don't agree with my decision, however, it is the best decision for the moment.

Anonymous

• Yes, it does. Many people stay in miserable marriages for their children and many times it's the best decision.
    Anonymous

• Yes it makes sense and it happens all the time. Men manipulate women using the children as pawns. That shows me that the men don't care about the children as children but as commodities they can use for their own benefit. Sad.
    Anonymous

• Whatever works for ya.. Good luck..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 12:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• i understand too but also sometimes it is best for the child for the parents to be apart, think about what it does to them to see you argue all the time. I stayed with my husband after he cheated on me twice when we first got together (3 years ago) we still have problems exspecially with my trust issues and depression. But we are trying to make it better.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I understand. You basically have to lead seperate lives, together. It's a hard situation.
    Anonymous

• No you shoulnd stay just because he has money doesn't mean he will get custody.
    Anonymous

• You need to file for custody first and then he cant take the kids. Go see a lawyer who offers free or a low-rate ($75) consultation fee. Find out what your rights are. Usually the mom gets them unless your on drugs!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2010