So, what are your thoughts on porn...

My DH and I watch it together sometimes, mostly the softcore stuff, like watching sentual movies.. you know? And it kind of gets us in the mood, or gives us .. ideas..

Anyhow. Now I find he watches it more and more by himself.. if you know what I mean.. at first it didn't bother me, but I'm starting to worry that I've done something or I'm not what he wants any more.. if he wants to look at these other women.. you know?

And he's always watched it by himself, even before we got together, but lately it seems like he watches it more than he ever did. We still have sex just as much, if not more, than we did before... And nothing else has really changed in our relationship.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so bored with it that it's just not fun for me anymore. SO would rather play video war games than watch porn.
    Anonymous

• It isn't you - most men like porn, but you should never have allowed it in the first place. If he thinks you are accepting of it, he thinks you gave him the green light to watch it all he wants. Tell him you love him and let him know that you are not feeling as comfortable with it anymore. Plan other things during the times he likes to watch it - does not have to be bedroom things - and spend time together doing fun things together. If you don't put an end to it now, it can become an addiction.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I don't do softcore... but that's what he likes... So we don't watch it together much. But I love porn! It's fun, it's exciting and it gives me some great ideas!

I would love for my DH to watch more porn... But he tends just not to get in to it...
    Anonymous

• You aren't his mom - you don't get to pick and choose what he does. He's a grown man and gets to make his own choices - even if you don't like it...
    Anonymous

• i use to despise it. I couldn't stand it but we have came to common grounds on it we don't watch it much but it sometimes give you new ideas.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• My hubby and I tried a few times to watch porn together and it didn't work for us. Seems to be something we each like to do independently. My hubby watches porn quite a lot I think and that's fine with me. I used to get upset and hurt by him watching it but I realized that I was acting that way because I was insecure with myself. I think that men and women can watch porn as much as they want and still have a deep, exciting, and healthy sex life with their partner. Porn is fantasy. I don't think it's anything you have done to make him watch it more often and as long as it isn't affecting your relationship then it probably isn't something to worry about.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 12:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I am the one watching it by myself So does not care as long as he thinks I am not cheating and he does not have to do anything. Porn is okay.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I am the same way, I watch porn with my husband, I watched it before I met him, and so did he. He does watch it quite a bit more than with me, though, and at first it kind of bothered me, and so I asked him. He simply said he didn't want to bother me and 'overuse' his privelage with me, since not many woman would acceptably watch porn with their husbands (see, they know they're lucky with us!) and he said that he likes different types of porn than I seem to like, so he lets me choose when we watch it together, and then when I'm sleeping or busy (he works 7pm-7am and has to keep on that schedule on his off days) he might watch some. It doesn't really bug me anymore, because he watches the boring porn, and then comes to bed when he's in the mood :) Porn is just a natural guy thing. If you try to deny him, sure, he can respect you and your wishes, but chances are, after awhile, he's going to keep on looking. It's their nature.
    Stephie999

Answer by Stephie999 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• besides id rather him watch porn then be with another woman you know
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• the same here, i think we just notice it more now, because now that they are more open about it. Sometimes i feel mad about it, some times i don't depends on the day. i really hate the fact that men fantasize about being with other women but i am not going to tell him to stop since he has always done it and most men do. sometimes i wish i was like a guy and wanted to look at men like that so we would be even, you know i would pic out porns with hot men and he would pic his hot women, but sometimes i just don't care. I think the only thing that matters is if he wants to look at you more then them. when you are his number one.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 6:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2010